Frequently Asked Questions
We are often asked questions leading up to bookings or performances.
We have tried our best to answer all of those questions here. If your question is still unanswered, please send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
asked and answered
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I Hire a Belly Dancer for my event?
– Belly dance is one of the most joyful dance forms and has its origins in social gatherings. Not only are the costumes super glamorous but the music I bring along is fun and will encourage your guests to dance too!
– We know how special your big day or event is so careful thought and consultation with you is placed into the performance set so that you and your guests can relax and enjoy the show.
How is your set composed?
– Usually it starts with a professional, choreographed belly dance performance followed by audience participation.
– Sets can be either 15 minutes, 20-25 minutes or half an hour long. Multiple sets can also take place during your event. Any price quoted will be dependent on the length of the performance as well as travel costs.
Can I book more than one dancer?
– Yes absolutely! You can book anything between 1-7 dancers for your event. Price quoted will depend on the length of the performance as well as travel costs.
– It is also possible to book a live drummer, snake charmer, folk dancers and tanoura dancer through this site.
I’ve never taken a dance class before, what can I expect?
– Sureya is a qualified instructor so you are in safe hands! Each class is tailor made and planned in advance to suit your own level and style you wish to cover. Yes you are guaranteed a workout but the most important thing is to let go and have fun dancing!
Are you insured?
– Yes, Sureya Bellydance holds Public Liability Insurance with Equity (Certificate will be provided) which is essential for your event.
How do I book?
– Simply visit our Contact page or email email@example.com
– Within two days, you will receive a phone call and email with more information and a quote. To confirm a booking, a 10% deposit will be required with the rest of the balance payable on the day of your event.
– You will also receive an official documented contract, invoice and receipt, where all T&Cs as well as cancellation policy will be sent via email.
Do you perform at any event?
– I and my colleagues perform for a variety of events including weddings, hen, henna and bridal shower parties, corporate events & birthdays. However, we do not perform for male-only events – a mixed audience would include at least ¼ female.
I would like a traditional belly dancer, but my audience are more concervative or religious.
– As listed, all professional costuming can be tailored to suit your events. This includes more concervative costuming (traditional dance Galabeyas are available or body stockings) which the dancer can wear. The most important thing is you and your audience are comfortable and enjoy the performance!
Am I allowed to take photos or videos of your performance during the event or class?
– Yes of course! It is important to keep these memories of your big day or event.
I’m running a corporate event or function. Why should I choose this service?
– Not only does Sureya Bellydance provide high quality, professional, family friendly entertainment, but careful thought and preparation is made beforehand to ensure that your guests enjoy the event as much as possible.
– As an added bonus, Sureya is public liability insured (with Equity), fully vaccinated and DBS checked (copies of certificates can be provided).
– Prior to your event includes a telephone or face to face consultation so that we can ensure the entertainment for your event runs smoothly and this will give you the opportunity to meet the dancers and ask any questions.
– We are also happy to assist in creating a poster promoting the belly dancer in order to advertise your event.
Caterina Silva (Nasdaq)
Thank you very much for performing at our company event, our team thoroughly enjoyed the performance and workshop.
I hired Sureya Bellydance for my wedding reception and she was absolutely fantastic! In the run up to the event, she was so professional and happy to answer any questions and made our big day lively and entertaining!
Thank you Sureya for performing at my Mendhi party. You were exceptional and the guests loved you! It made our night!
I would highly recommend Sureya’s Bellydance classes!
I have been going for a year now, and have enjoyed every minute. Sureya is incredibly knowledgable, teaching both Turkish and Egyptian styles. The ballet drills and conditioning exercises have really improved my posture. I love being taught correct technique and working towards a choreography. I look forward to continue improving my dance with Sureya!
Join beautiful Süreya H Dancer on her online classes!
Her classes are honestly amazing! She is to talented and insightful of all types of dance!
Her classes always make my day better!